Tuesday, 8 March 2011

Make-Up Review

Recently I bought a couple of new items to add to my expanding Make-Up collection and thought I'd share my thoughts on them with you.

1. Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation
 I have finally fallen in love with a foundation. For years I have been trying to find one that lightly covers your skin giving it a matte effect without looking like you've been iced with foundation. This one is exactly that; it glides onto your skin so nicely almost as if it's some sort of light airy chocolate mousse. Whilst it isn't thick and doesn't cover over every lump and bump I really like it. I guess that's because I have pretty clear skin anyway so it doesn't need much covering but I would definitely recommend!



2. A Brush for Powder
 This probably seems so obvious to all of you, but I only just realised what a huge difference it makes. Since christmas when I got my new 17 Pressed Powder (which I would also suggest you try) I was using the little pad that comes with it to apply it. This was working absolutely fine but I thought I'd try a brush instead. At only £1 from Savers I bought a large brush and would never go back, definitely a good investment.

3. Nivea Pearly Shine
 Such a nice, simple product. It keeps your lips from getting chapped without covering them in greasy vaseline. It has such a nice colour and texture to it as well. Not much else I can say apart from GO BUY!



4. Loreal Paris Glam Shine Natural Glow Lipgloss
 Cheryl Cole really is right, it's shiny but not sticky! The heart shaped wand is also really, really nice for applying it, makes a really even coat. I will put it on every time I go out for a night out. It's sophisticated yet natural.



5. Front Cover Very Hot/Very Cool Eyeshadow Pallette
With 16 different colours you really cannot go wrong! There is such a range of colours from your bright blues, oranges and greens all the way to your creams, browns and greys. I have no idea how expensive it is as I got it for christmas but if you have a bit of cash to splash I would definitely consider this product to be your investment. The brushes that come with it are also so nice to use; it comes with a 2 double ended brushes each with a small end and a big end. Included in all that you also get some tips from a make-up artist on the back too!




Hope I've helped.
Danni
x

1 comment:

  1. I was very impressed with the SKII Facial Treatment Essence (www.geocities.jp/hongkong_skii/index_e.htm), enough so that I have continued to use the product daily as part of my skin care routine after the test period. It's a luxury purchase to be sure, but this is one of the best products that can really make a significant difference in your skin, and so worth every penny.

    I applied the treatment each morning and evening after cleansing my skin and before moisturizer/primer and then makeup. Within just a few days I could see that my skin was much more supple and smooth - particularly in the t-zone. After about two weeks, I loved the beautiful glow my skin had - even without makeup.

    ReplyDelete