Sunday, 6 February 2011

Flings

Today I didn't want to throw useless fashion advice at you. So I thought I'd discuss something else, I toyed with the idea of discussing music, books, tv shows. All have been done to a high standard before. So, I thought about what I can offer that everyone else can't, my thoughts went to my life. So today I will share a couple of life stories which all run along the same theme: flings. I know you're probably all thinking it's a strange thing to discuss and that there's not much you can talk about. However I have had my fair share of experience with them; the only relationship I have had over 3 months is my present one. I know I am only young so it shouldn't all be serious relationships, so I guess it is quite normal to have mainly flings. However, I want to discuss whether all flings are meaningless. Are they meaningless as they only last a few months? Or maybe only a few months is all it needs to make an imprint on you.

I will firstly discuss a fling I had that ended purely because of me. Let's call him Mr Love as he really did have a lot of love to give and that way I am not naming and shaming! I normally straight away fall head over heels, obsessed, want to spend every single second with a guy. However, it really wasn't the most serious relationship ever, we didn't see each other as much as we probably should of and this didn't bother me. That probably straight away should of rung alarm bells! Anyway Mr Love gave, gave and gave a bit more, and I won't lie to you I took everything he felt like giving. Be it gifts, hugs, love, money. I was, to be frank, a complete bitch to him. We started drifting a little bit, and I started innocently talking to another guy strictly as friends. Next I thought I needed a girly night out, little did I know that the guy I had been talking to was going to be at that girly night out. We hit it off (just to be certain, I didn't cheat). And that night I realised I was bored with Mr Love, I ended it shortly afterwards. I guess what I am trying to say is that one reason a fling ends is because it gets boring, the second it stops being a fling you just get bored. I am definitely someone who needs to be entertained with excitement or I really do get bored (I need drama!!). This is an example where it didn't leave a print on me, I guess because it got boring and really had no meaning to me.

The next fling ended on no fault of my own. This guy has actually already been mentioned, that's right, the guy at the party! We will call him Prince Charming as he really did charm me from day one. I was so unsure of him at first, he had such a name for himself, I did not think I could trust him (turns out I couldn't). We had so much fun together, it was exciting, risky, every date was something different! I thought it was all just really good fun and I didn't feel strongly about him, but before I knew it I was falling head over heels in love. I started to trust him completely, I would tell him anything, didn't even want to talk to anyone else. I guess it was from that moment that it all started going wrong. I don't think, to this day, Prince Charming knows I loved him. I'd much rather he didn't know either so let's hope if he reads this he won't realise it was him! Anyway, to cut a long story short he sort of cheated on me, lied to me, basically crushed my poor little heart! He ended it all and it was a really nasty, horrible ending to what I thought was an amazing couple of months. This time it really did have a massive imprint on me, since then I found it so hard to trust people. Prince Charming's story will always stay with me, and there's a small part of me that will probably still help him when he needs it, but then such a big part of me which hates him for upsetting me to the sheer amount he did. I'm pretty sure, though, that I will never be able to trust him again. It all made me realise how, even though they are so much fun, you don't have trust in a fling, you earn trust during a relationship, there's no time to earn trust in a fling.

Sorry if you hated that, I just wanted to let it out, I'm treating this like a diary now :) and please if you know who both of these people are, don't say anything.

Danni x

No comments:

Post a Comment