Wednesday, 22 September 2010

hair: to style or not to style

Today's blog is all about hair, lately I have been spending ages just staring at my hair in the mirror in the morning, with not a clue what to do with it. My hair naturally is curly and can sometimes get a bit out of control and takes on a 'lion mane' feel to it. The whole bed head look really seems to be coming into play a lot more lately, which is easy for me as I literally do just get out of bed and it's done! However, I'm really not sure what I prefer at the moment. I have never been a fan of the whole straightened, flat hair look; but I don't think I'm much of a fan of such messy hair either. Diana Vicker's hair in the picture below is a perfect medium for me, it's styled but not flat. However, it's such a hard look to achieve unless you are lucky enough to be able to afford a stylist.




I also love Diana's fringe in this, which is another dilemma in itself for me at the moment. I recently had the old side sweeping fringe for a long time, but I get bored of my hair really easily! Therefore, I decided to grow it out, it turns out this takes a very, very long time. This thought came from inspirations such as Leighton Meester (below). Right now it is at a stupid stage where it's not a fringe but doesn't quite fit in my ponytail when I tie it back.



Such a big style crush on Leighton Meester! Anyway, back to my original point... I was considering a block fringe which I have had previously and it does suit me. However they are such a pain, I have to straighten it everyday when I have one, or it goes all stupid and flicky. Would love your opinions, really not got a clue to do with my crazy head of hair!

Danni x

No comments:

Post a Comment